Time Sharing

Bringing Experience, Attention & Powerful Advocacy to Your Case

Helping You Maintain a Relationship with Your Child

An important component of resolving custody issues is the successful establishment of visitation and time sharing schedules. At Andrew M. Smith, P.A. in Boca Raton, Florida, we focus on the best interests of the children as it relates to your frequent contact and your relationship with them.

We invite you to contact us by phone at 561‑961-4665 or by e‑mail through this Web site to schedule an appointment with our attorney regarding a visitation schedule. We offer a low-cost initial consultation.

Developing Timesharing and Visitation Schedules for Quality Time with Your Children

We want to ensure that you spend quality time with your children and their best interests are a top priority. Family law courts provide us various models of parental time‑sharing schedules in divorce and paternity matters. Those merely serve as a template for the courts to use and are not mandated by law. Your situation may require a very specific visitation arrangement based on unique circumstances.

When Domestic Violence is a Factor in Visitation and Timesharing Agreements

At Andrew M. Smith, P.A., we often handle cases in which children or spouses have been abused. In those cases where domestic violence is a factor, we strive for some form of supervised visitation or some other timesharing restriction. Often a therapist or other expert is helpful in assisting the parties and their children in creating a parenting plan that will help the family move forward in the context of a divorce. Children need to bond and have a positive relationship with both parents, even in fragile situations. Again, the best interests of the children are paramount.

The Benefits of Mediation in Visitation Agreements and Parenting Plans

Attorney Andrew M. Smith, our firm’s founder and trained Family Law Mediator, believes in the process of mediation. He encourages his clients to resolve issues about visitation and parenting plans through mediation and to attempt to avoid putting the decision in the hands of an impartial judge who does not know you or your family. However, if litigation is necessary to further your interests, Andrew Smith has the skills, experience and tenacity to achieve the best possible result in your case.

Contact Us

For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer regarding your rights related to a visitation agreement, please contact us.

Can I refuse visitation if my ex-spouse fails to pay child support?
No. You cannot refuse visitation, if it has been ordered by the Court, because your ex-spouse has failed to pay child support. The failure of a party to follow a court order should be brought to the attention of the Court. Therefore, if your ex-spouse violates a court order to pay child support, that issue should be brought to the Court’s attention.
Read More
There has been an order of child support in my case, but my circumstances have changed. Is it possible to have the child support order modified?
The Court will look at a change in circumstances of the parties through a petition to modify support. If there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the original order, the Court may modify the order, based on those changed circumstances.
Read More
My spouse has always controlled our finances. He/She makes the money and I don’t have access to funds to pay for an attorney. What do I do?
Most attorneys require an initial retainer before they will start working on your case. Many attorneys accept credit cards. Once the case reaches the court system, the Court may require your spouse to pay for your attorney’s fees.
Read More
What is mediation?
Mediation is a process where the two parties get together and attempt to negotiate a settlement between the two, rather than having the judge make the final decision. Mediation can save time, money and misery. A settlement is not required, however, simply because you agree to mediate.
Read More
How is marital property divided in Florida?
As a general rule, in the state of Florida, property acquired during the marriage is split evenly, despite whose name the property is in. With any general rule, there are exceptions. The courts can change the percentage depending on the parties’ specific circumstances.
Read More
What if my spouse is hiding or misrepresenting his assets?
Each party must sign a sworn financial affidavit. If your spouse is hiding or misrepresenting his assets, you may be entitled to compensation relating to those hidden assets.
Read More
Scroll to Top