Legal Services

Bringing Experience, Attention & Powerful Advocacy to Your Case

We offer the following legal services for the South Florida community:

To help us work on your case, and to make sure that you get the best outcome possible, we have a network of highly skilled professionals at our disposal.  They help assist us in resolving your family legal issues.

Because of your relationship with The Law Offices of Andrew M. Smith you will have access to our network of top South Florida specialists and experts…

  • Private investigators
  • Business appraisers
  • Tax advisors
  • Financial planners
  • Forensic CPAs
  • Psychologists
  • Social workers
  • Real estate appraisers
  • Mortgage brokers
  • Art and jewelry appraisers

…People who can offer key assistance to help ensure that your case and your family receive the most favorable outcome possible.

My team and I will take the time to listen to you, explain the legal process, and advise you of your rights and options. When practical, we advocate a collaborative approach which is less expensive and contentious than litigation and keeps you in control of your fate, rather than leaving that control to a judge who has a limited understanding of you and your family.

The hiring of a Florida lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice or the formation of an attorney/client relationship.

Can I refuse visitation if my ex-spouse fails to pay child support?
No. You cannot refuse visitation, if it has been ordered by the Court, because your ex-spouse has failed to pay child support. The failure of a party to follow a court order should be brought to the attention of the Court. Therefore, if your ex-spouse violates a court order to pay child support, that issue should be brought to the Court’s attention.
Read More
There has been an order of child support in my case, but my circumstances have changed. Is it possible to have the child support order modified?
The Court will look at a change in circumstances of the parties through a petition to modify support. If there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the original order, the Court may modify the order, based on those changed circumstances.
Read More
My spouse has always controlled our finances. He/She makes the money and I don’t have access to funds to pay for an attorney. What do I do?
Most attorneys require an initial retainer before they will start working on your case. Many attorneys accept credit cards. Once the case reaches the court system, the Court may require your spouse to pay for your attorney’s fees.
Read More
What is mediation?
Mediation is a process where the two parties get together and attempt to negotiate a settlement between the two, rather than having the judge make the final decision. Mediation can save time, money and misery. A settlement is not required, however, simply because you agree to mediate.
Read More
How is marital property divided in Florida?
As a general rule, in the state of Florida, property acquired during the marriage is split evenly, despite whose name the property is in. With any general rule, there are exceptions. The courts can change the percentage depending on the parties’ specific circumstances.
Read More
What if my spouse is hiding or misrepresenting his assets?
Each party must sign a sworn financial affidavit. If your spouse is hiding or misrepresenting his assets, you may be entitled to compensation relating to those hidden assets.
Read More
Scroll to Top