At Andrew M. Smith, P.A. in Boca Raton, Florida, we advocate for clients facing unexpected events in their lives that affect their ability to pay court‑ordered support. Additionally, we work to hold former spouses accountable when they refuse to abide by a divorce decree.

Do not allow your ex‑spouse to continue the pattern of not paying you. We invite you to contact us by phone at 561‑961-4665 or by e‑mail through this Web site to schedule an appointment with our attorney regarding an enforcement of orders. We offer a low cost initial consultation.

Changes in Your Circumstances

Are you having trouble supporting yourself or your children because of your former spouse’s failure to satisfy his or her child support or alimony obligations? Has a substantial change in circumstances made the existing child support order inadequate to meet your child’s needs?

At The Law Offices of Andrew M. Smith, P.A., we help our clients enforce child support and alimony agreements and orders. We also aggressively represent clients seeking to enforce their parenting and/or visitation rights against a parent who is not acting in the best interests of the parties’ children.

Holding a Non‑Paying Spouse Accountable via  Enforcement of Orders

Attorney Andrew Smith has experience in enforcing the terms of support orders. In Florida, a “substantial change in circumstances” can be grounds for increasing, decreasing, or terminating, child support or alimony obligations, or for modifying the terms of a child custody order. However, if a spouse is disregarding the divorce decree, we will immediately file a motion seeking enforcement of the order, and, if appropriate, an order holding the other party in contempt. 

Contact Us

For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer regarding a contempt charge for non‑payment of child support or enforcement of orders, please contact us.

The hiring of a Florida lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice or the formation of an attorney/client relationship.