Bringing Experience, Attention & Powerful Advocacy to Your Case

Since 1989 Andrew Smith has maintained a South Florida trial practice with a focus on family law . Mr. Smith spends a great deal of time in the courtroom and has served as lead counsel on numerous cases.

Mr. Smith has raised his family in South Florida and has developed an in-depth knowledge of the local community and its resources.

Mr. Smith earned an undergraduate degree (B.A.A) from Florida Atlantic University and a law degree (J.D.) from Nova Southeastern University. He has been a member in good standing with the Florida Bar since 1989, as well as a member of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, the American Bar Association ,and is admitted to practice in all Florida State Courts.

Mr. Smith understands the importance of maintaining excellent communication with his clients no matter how small or how large their case. Each client is treated as the firm’s most important client. In family law cases, Mr. Smith works diligently, and in a cost effective manner, with a mindset at all times toward preserving marital assets. Preparedness and thoroughness are the hallmarks of his approach.

Mr. Smith is also a trained Family Law Mediator. He is married with two children and enjoys golf and travel.

The hiring of a Florida lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice or the formation of an attorney/client relationship.

Can I refuse visitation if my ex-spouse fails to pay child support?
No. You cannot refuse visitation, if it has been ordered by the Court, because your ex-spouse has failed to pay child support. The failure of a party to follow a court order should be brought to the attention of the Court. Therefore, if your ex-spouse violates a court order to pay child support, that issue should be brought to the Court’s attention.
Read More
There has been an order of child support in my case, but my circumstances have changed. Is it possible to have the child support order modified?
The Court will look at a change in circumstances of the parties through a petition to modify support. If there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the original order, the Court may modify the order, based on those changed circumstances.
Read More
My spouse has always controlled our finances. He/She makes the money and I don’t have access to funds to pay for an attorney. What do I do?
Most attorneys require an initial retainer before they will start working on your case. Many attorneys accept credit cards. Once the case reaches the court system, the Court may require your spouse to pay for your attorney’s fees.
Read More
What is mediation?
Mediation is a process where the two parties get together and attempt to negotiate a settlement between the two, rather than having the judge make the final decision. Mediation can save time, money and misery. A settlement is not required, however, simply because you agree to mediate.
Read More
How is marital property divided in Florida?
As a general rule, in the state of Florida, property acquired during the marriage is split evenly, despite whose name the property is in. With any general rule, there are exceptions. The courts can change the percentage depending on the parties’ specific circumstances.
Read More
What if my spouse is hiding or misrepresenting his assets?
Each party must sign a sworn financial affidavit. If your spouse is hiding or misrepresenting his assets, you may be entitled to compensation relating to those hidden assets.
Read More
Scroll to Top