Child Support

Bringing Experience, Attention & Powerful Advocacy to Your Case

Experiencing Child Support Issues?

Are your concerns about child support preventing you from making decisions in your child’s best interest, including the decision to file for divorce? Is your ex‑partner refusing to acknowledge paternity, exercise visitation or pay support? Let Andrew M. Smith, P.A. in Boca Raton, Florida help you figure out your options.

For a  low cost initial consultation, and to schedule an appointment with an experienced Florida child support lawyer, contact our Boca Raton office by phone at 561‑961-4665 or by e‑mail through this Web site.

Insight and Experience to Help You Reach Agreements in Child Support

At The Law offices of Andrew M. Smith, P.A., our child support attorney, Andrew Smith, offers insight gained through years of experience resolving child custody, divorce, and other family law matters to help parents negotiate child support agreements that are in the best interests of the child and appropriate for each parent’s financial and personal circumstances.

Establishing Fair Child Support Obligations with Attention to Detail

We want to help you avoid discord and focus on the best interests of your children. Through thorough analysis of your and your spouse’s financial records, personal circumstances, and your children’s needs, we will help you establish child support obligations that are fair and accurate. That involves:

  • Calculating income accurately by identifying all income sources
  • Identifying available income deductions and assessing appropriate or overstated income deductions
  • Identifying factors that may justify a deviation in the state’s statutory child support guidelines

Contact Us

For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer regarding child support issues, please contact us.

The hiring of a Florida lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice or the formation of an attorney/client relationship.

Can I refuse visitation if my ex-spouse fails to pay child support?
No. You cannot refuse visitation, if it has been ordered by the Court, because your ex-spouse has failed to pay child support. The failure of a party to follow a court order should be brought to the attention of the Court. Therefore, if your ex-spouse violates a court order to pay child support, that issue should be brought to the Court’s attention.
Read More
There has been an order of child support in my case, but my circumstances have changed. Is it possible to have the child support order modified?
The Court will look at a change in circumstances of the parties through a petition to modify support. If there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the original order, the Court may modify the order, based on those changed circumstances.
Read More
My spouse has always controlled our finances. He/She makes the money and I don’t have access to funds to pay for an attorney. What do I do?
Most attorneys require an initial retainer before they will start working on your case. Many attorneys accept credit cards. Once the case reaches the court system, the Court may require your spouse to pay for your attorney’s fees.
Read More
What is mediation?
Mediation is a process where the two parties get together and attempt to negotiate a settlement between the two, rather than having the judge make the final decision. Mediation can save time, money and misery. A settlement is not required, however, simply because you agree to mediate.
Read More
How is marital property divided in Florida?
As a general rule, in the state of Florida, property acquired during the marriage is split evenly, despite whose name the property is in. With any general rule, there are exceptions. The courts can change the percentage depending on the parties’ specific circumstances.
Read More
What if my spouse is hiding or misrepresenting his assets?
Each party must sign a sworn financial affidavit. If your spouse is hiding or misrepresenting his assets, you may be entitled to compensation relating to those hidden assets.
Read More
Scroll to Top